Since 15th of August 2017 Mr Mažvydas Savickas replaced Mr Paulius Baltokas in the Council of the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (further on – the Council). Mr Mažvydas Savickas is the President of the Lithuanian Union of Students. He comes with the purposes of improving quality of higher education and learning environment, international students‘ participation in the study process. Accessibility to higher education for students with special needs is among the main aims of our new member of the Council.
Participation of students in external quality assurance, including management of QA agencies, is a common principle of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG) and also by Lithuanian legislation.
The Council is a collective management body of SKVC composed of 11 members. The main functions of the Council are:
1. election the Director of the Centre according to the legal acts;
2. discussion and approval of the vision and mission of the Centre and the strategic plan presented by the Director;
3. discussion and making proposals on the annual operating plans of the Centre;
4. discussion on the organizational structure of the Centre, regulations of its units and job descriptions, presenting them to the Director;
5. discussing and approving the annual operating report of the Centre presented by the Director.