· Assessment of foreign qualifications
· Provision of information on Lithuanian and foreign higher education systems
· Assessment and accreditation of higher education institutions and programmes
· Guidance for higher education institutions on self-analysis and provision of recommendations for quality improvement
· Participation in preparing draft legal acts on research and higher education
· Cooperation with international ornanizations and spread of good practice
The Centre has four Advisory Bodies which have been established in order to achieve greater efficiency of the Centre's activity:
· Experts Committee for Study Evaluation
· Appeal Committee for Study Programmes
The main function of the advisory bodies to give recommendations and advice the Centre regarding issues concerned with the functions of the Centre, and to submit proposals to the Ministry of Education and Science. In addition, there is an appeal procedure for all decisions made by the Centre foreseen.
The Centre takes an active part in the activities and events of international organizations and networks INQAAHE, ENQA, CEEN, ENIC/NARIC, EURAXESS. The idea behind is to closely follow the developments in higher education both in Europe and wider world, to transfer good practice applicable in Lithuania. With the twofold aim to strengthen the institution and cherish partnerships, the Centre took and still takes an active part in various projects, including those financed by Phare, Leonardo da Vinci, Nordic Council of Ministers, European Social Fund, FP6, FP7 to name sponsors and programmes.