Who are we?
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC) is an independent public agency established in 1995. The Centre implements the external quality assurance policy in higher education in Lithuania and contributes to the development of human resources by creation of enabling conditions for free movement. The Centre was founded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania as an expert institution.
What are our functions?
The main function of the Centre is to assist HEI to assure quality and to constantly improve it. The Centre fulfils this function through:
- Assessment of the quality of higher education;
- Assessment of the qualifications concerning higher education;
- Provision of information on higher education systems and qualifications recognition.
How can we be useful?
For Lithuanian students
- Provision of information about HEIs in Lithuania and abroad;
For foreign students
- Provision of information about HEIs in Lithuania;
- Assessment of foreign secondary education qualifications for intended enrollment in a Lithuanian HEI.
For Lithuanian graduates
- Provision of information on institutions which recognize Lithuanian qualificiations abroad;
- Provision of an information letter for additional information on your studies in Lithuania.
For foreign graduates
- Assessment of HE qualifications acquired abroad if you intend to study or work in Lithuania;
- Provision of information on Lithuanian institutions which can recognize qualifications.
- Advice on (future) employee's education obtained abroad;
- Provision of information on Lithuanian study sistem to assure the quality of qualifications that employees seek to improve.
- Advice on self-assessment and how to improve the quality of activities;
- Help with invoking Lithuanian and foreign experts;
- Assessment of new study programmes.
For founders of HEI
- Assessment of HE quality in order to establish a HEI.