Qualifications assessed by our office
Our office is responsible for recognition of foreign qualifications giving access to higher education and higher education qualifications for the purposes of further study and/or employment in Lithuania.
Our office does not assess:
- general education qualifications, which do not provide access to higher education
- vocational and technical qualifications
- PhD degrees
- partially completed qualifications
For more information on the competent bodies for other levels of education please refer to Recognition in Lithuania
List of required documents
1. Application form
The application will not be processed unless all of its sections are duly filled in, signed, and supplemented with a full documentation package. Please indicate a valid e-mail address as you will updated regarding the processing of your application by e-mail.
The diploma or degree certificate has to be final and in the original language. If the final diploma is yet to be issued, please include a provisional certification, which confirms the fact of your graduation and provides the title of your qualification in the original language.
3. Academic transcript
The academic transcript, records of grades, or a similar document has to be in the original language. It should list all the subjects, grades, and credits and/or hours. For some countries, it is required for the academic transcript to be sent directly to our office from the educational institution.
4. Form of identification
A valid form of identification is a passport, a national identity card issued by an EEA or EFTA country, or a Lithuanian residence permit. If your name in the credentials differs from the name in your passport, a valid proof of name change has to be submitted. A valid proof of name change is considered to be marriage certificate, divorce certificate, or another form of proof issued by a competent official body.
5. Documents for your prior education
If you are applying for recognition of a second cycle higher education qualification, such as a Master degree or similar, your Bachelor diploma and academic transcript have to be submitted.
6. Any additional documents
Our office welcomes submission of any documents and/or information related to your studies that you may find to be relevant. Please note that the Centre reserves the right to ask for additional documents and/or information.
Please note! Requirements for submission of documents may vary by country. For more information, please see Country Specific Requirements.
Requirements for documents
- All the enclosed documents must be originals or copies certified as true by a competent body, such as a notary public, a court official, or the isssuing institution. Scanned copies, uncertified copies, or copies attested by non-competent institutions will not be accepted. We reserve the right to request for the originals of your credentials for verification purposes at any time during the processing of your application. The submitted originals can be picked up in our office, returned in a registered letter or you may arrange for a courier service pick up at your own expense.
- All documents issued in languages other than English, Russian, or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. A translation is considered to be official when it is bound to a certified true copy of the document in the original language and is attested by the translator’s signature. Documents issued in English, Russian, or Lithuanian do not require a translation.
- Our office recommends legalising or certifying with an Apostille the originals of your educational credentials as in some cases it may be required (please see our Country Specific Requirements). For more information regarding legalisation or an Apostille please contact your country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The submitted credentials may be subject to verification, which requires a direct confirmation of the award of the qualification from the issuing institution.
Information for undocumented refugees
If you do not have a full documentation package, please carry out the following steps:
- fill in the application form above
- provide any indirect documentation if it is available, such as information on professional licensing, any documents issued by the school, etc.
- provide an explanation as to why the documents cannot be provided.
Documents can be submitted
By post or courier service
Complete application packages can be posted to:
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education
A. Gostauto g. 12
In person at room 1-18
- Complete application packages can be dropped off at any time during our business hours.
- If you want to fill in an application form in our office, require copies of the submitted documents or any other assistance, such services are available Monday through Wednesday.
- If you require a consultation, please arrange for a meeting in advance.
Our business hours are
7.30-17.00 Monday to Thursday, 7.30-15.15 Friday, Lunch break 11.30-12.15
- E-mailed applications are not accepted and will not be processed.
- If documents are submitted through an authorised representative, an official letter of authorisation is required. There have been instances of fraudulent activity by foreign education agents, therefore please exercise caution in authorising agents or other third-parties. Please note that the procedure does not require your presence in Lithuania and services of third parties, such as agents, may be redundant.
Applications are reviewed within 20 business days. If all of the required documents have been submitted and our office has sufficient information, our decision is issued within one month. Regular assessment may last up to one month. If the provided information is insufficient, you will be notified about this by e-mail and the processing of your application will be suspended until the required documents are received.
For more information, please refer to Criteria and Procedure .
The procedure is free of charge. The Centre will not cover any costs related to the submission of the required documentation. The Centre is not responsible for any loss or damage of documentation during shipping.
If you have additional questions, please contact at +370 5 210 47 72 or firstname.lastname@example.org