Evaluation of Higher Education Institutions and/or Study Programmes Abroad
In the spirit of international cooperation, as a member of the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR) and the European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA), SKVC undertakes evaluation activities of Higher Education Institutions as well as Study Programmes in foreign countries, with the aim of contributing to quality assurance in higher education across Europe.
Study programmes are evaluated following the Methodology for Evaluation of Study Programmes Implemented at Foreign Higher Education Institutions (hereinafter – The Methodology). The version in English can be accessed via SKVC website at:
As stipulated in the Methodology, study programmes are assessed according to six evaluation areas: programme aims and learning outcomes; curriculum design; teaching staff; facilities and learning resources; study process and students’ performance assessment; programme management. In case there is a need to evaluate the quality of a study programme using additional evaluation criteria, they must be agreed in advance.
According to this Methodology, higher education institutions are assessed for quality in four areas: strategic management, academic studies and life-long learning, research and/or art activities, impact on regional and national development. Additional evaluation criteria, if necessary, can also be agreed in advance.
SKVC is committed to quality and professionalism at all times. In order to transfer the best international practice, academics from different Bologna Process countries as well as student representatives are included in all expert teams conducting evaluations abroad. Representatives of field of practice (private or public sectors) are invited to join the panels on request and if possible.
It must be noted that SKVC performs evaluations of first and second cycle (in Bologna terms) study programmes. Additionally, our institutional evaluation is focused on the institution as a whole and, therefore, evaluation of separate departments or audit of quality assurance system only is not conducted at the moment.
Should Your Higher Education Institution be interested in being evaluated by the Centre, we kindly ask you to fill in this form of inquiry:
The Centre is free to decide whether to start evaluation procedure or not. Additional information may also be required.
For additional information:
Results of study programme and institutional evaluations, conducted abroad:
- Study programme Financial Management and Banking, Carpathian Augustine Voloshyn University (Ukraine), Bachelor, Certificate of evaluation (2021);
- Study programme Law and Human Rights Activities, Carpathian Augustine Voloshyn University (Ukraine), Bachelor, Certificate of evaluation (2021);
- Study programme Law and Human Rights Activities, Carpathian Augustine Voloshyn University (Ukraine), Master (2021);
- Study programme Psychology, Carpathian Augustine Voloshyn University (Ukraine) Master, Certificate of evaluation (2020);
- Study programme Psychology, Carpathian Augustine Voloshyn University (Ukraine) Bachelor, Certificate of evaluation (2020);
- Study programme Management, Alma Mater Europea (Slovenia), Master (2015);
- Study programme International Business, Alma Mater Europea (Slovenia), Bachelor (2015);
- Study programme International Business, Alma Mater Europea (Slovenia), Master (2015);
- Institutional review of Alma Mater Europea (Slovenia), (2015);
- Progress report by Alma Mater Europea, following the international evaluation (2016).