Who we are?
Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC) is an independent public agency established in 1995. The Centre implements the external quality assurance policy in higher education in Lithuania andcontributes to the development of human resources by creation of enabling conditions for free movement of persons. The Centre was founded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania as an expert institution.
What we do?
The main function of the Centre is to assist HEI to assure quality and to constantly improve it. The Centre fulfils this function through:
- Assessment of the quality of higher education
- Assessment of the qualifications concerning higher education
- Provision of information on higher education systems and qualifications recognition
How can we be useful?
For Lithuanian students
- We provide information about HEIs in Lithuania and abroad
For foreign students
- We provide information about HEIs in Lithuania
- We assess foreign secondary education qualifications if you intend to enter a HEI in Lithuania
For Lithuanian graduates
- We provide information about institutions abroad you can apply to concerning your Lithuanian qualification
- We give an information letter providing information about your studies in Lithuania if you want to make your qualification recognition abroad easier
For foreign graduates
- We assess HE qualifications if you intend to study or work in Lithuania
- We provide information about Lithuanian institutions you can apply to if you seek recognition of your qualification
- We advise on education your future or present employee obtained abroad
- We provide information about the level of studies if you are interested in improvement of employees qualifications
- We advise on self-assessment if you want to improve the quality of activities
- We help to improve studies invoking Lithuanian and foreign experts
- We assess new study programmes if you want to register them
For founders of HEI
- We assess readiness for new HE studies if you intend to establish a HEI