To establish a non state HEI, an application to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania must be submitted. The application must be prepared in the state – Lithuanian language.
The application documents consist of:
- The application letter. The letter must have the following elements: the name of the new HEI or the branch of a foreign HEI, adress, telephone and fax numbers, telephone and fax numbers of the divisions, name, surname, position, date of application submission.
- Plan of material resources;
- Financial plan of activities;
- Draft Strategic plan;
- Description of teaching staff qualifications;
- Study development strategy for coming 4 years;
- Descriptions of study programmes, prepared according to the procedure, described in SKVC Methodology.
A foreign HEI, willing to establish a branch in Lithuania, additionally submits:
- Documents proving information about the accreditation of the HEI institution which plans to establish its branch in Lithuania and a proof of accreditation of its study programmes, planned to be organized in Lithuania;
- Information letter from a quality assurance agency of the foreign state about the quality assurance procedures of the planned study programmes at the branch;
- Mediation letter of the Ministry of Higher Education (or equivalent institution) regarding the establishment of a branch in Lithuania and its study programmes;
- Regulations of the branch of a foreign HEI.