The mission of the Centre: The SKVC is an organization contributing to the improvement of quality in Lithuanian higher education and the free movement of persons across borders.
The vision of the Centre: The Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education as an influential generator, implementer and disseminator of ideas in higher education.
The values of the Centre following are fallowing:
- Partnership cooperation and reciprocity between the evaluators and the evaluated;
- Professionalism responsible objective and transparent approach to entrusted tasks;
- Impartiality transparency when the Centre is operating entirely within the law and sticking to the principles of objectivity, proportionality, not abusing of power and internal cooperation;
- Quality activities targeted on best results, analysis and follow-up, acquisition and sharing of new knowledge and experience, continuous learning and improvement.
The main objectives and activities of the Centre include the following:
· to promote the quality of higher education institutions through:
o external reviews and accreditation of HEIs;
o external evaluation and accreditation of study programmes;
o evaluation of applications for the provision of higher education and conduct of activities relating to higher education;
· to create conditions favourable for the free movement of persons:
o through the evaluation of foreign higher education qualifications;
o by organizing a qualification examination (in case an unconditional positive evaluation is impossible);
o by providing information on higher education opportunities in other countries and in Lithuania and mobility opportunities for researchers.
By its activities the Centre implements the European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
The Centre plans its activities in line with the national long-term strategic objectives. According to national law, the SKVC is not obliged to draw up a typical strategic action plan for state budget appropriation managers. Nevertheless, the Centre has a perspective plan drawn up in another form and yearly operating plans, the implementation of which is regularly monitored.
STRATEGIC PLAN TILL 2014